Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
The upgrade makes communicating with your caseworker easier, increases applicant and recipient access to information and improves our overall service delivery.
Note: Not everyone will be immediately transferred into the upgraded CAFÉ.
DCFS is moving all cases over to the new CAFÉ Self-Service Portal in phases. We began this process on Nov. 18, 2019, with a pilot-test period and will continue moving cases into the new system over the next few months until all clients are using the new system.
How do I know if I am in the new CAFÉ or the original CAFÉ system?
Go to CAFÉ at www.dcfs.la.gov/cafe, and enter your ZIP code, personal information and the reason for your visit (e.g., New Application, Check Case Status, etc.). After that, you will be directed either to the new CAFÉ system or the original CAFÉ system.
The new CAFÉ system has a green background and is labeled CAFÉ Self-Service Portal near the top of the screen.
The original CAFÉ system has a blue/gray background and is labeled CAFÉ Customer Portal near the top of the screen.
Additional Information and FAQs:
- Abuse/neglect and how to report it
- Finding a Safe Haven site
- How to become a foster/adoptive parent
- Resources for foster parents
- How to apply for assistance (SNAP, KCSP, FITAP)
- How to report benefits fraud
- Child Support services available
- Establishing paternity
- Child Support payment methods
- Disability Determination Services
- Preparing for a disaster
- Pre-registering for DSNAP