Help us protect Louisiana's children. Report Child Abuse & Neglect: 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
The Executive Division supervises, manages, and supports the Division of Management and Finance, Division of Child Welfare and the Division of Family Support within the Department of Children and Family Services. The Executive Division exercises supervision and control over all functions, staff, and services within DCFS and directly supervises Emergency Preparedness, Communications and Governmental Affairs, Bureau of Audit and Compliance Services and the General Counsel.
Programs and Services
- Communications - Coordinates all public and media relations.
- Governmental Affairs - Serves as liaison between the department and lawmakers, other state agencies.
- Audit and Compliance Services - Independently appraises activities of DCFS.
- General Counsel - Provides legal services and counsel on litigation. Also includes the Bureau of Civil Rights, which ensures that equal access and delivery of services and equal employment opportunities exist in all activities administered by DCFS.
- Emergency Preparedness - Provides planning and implementation for DCFS' ESF-6 Emergency Response duties.
Executive Division Directory
- FY 2020-2021 through FY 2024-2025 DCFS Strategic Plan
- FY 2017-2018 through FY 2021-2022 DCFS Strategic Plan
- FY 2014-2015 through FY 2018-2019 DCFS Strategic Plan
DCFS Fact Sheets
- DSS Report to the Commission on Streamlining Government (08.18.09)
(Click Part 2 to view DSS' report)